Distribution of Health Products in Africa
PIEX is a distributor of Health, Beauty and Wellness products, mainly present in Africa. With a catalog of more than 800 references, PIEX maintains a privileged link between upstream manufacturers and downstream actors in the supply chain: pharmacies, hospitals, wholesalers.
PIEX mainly distributes in sub-Saharan Africa to the francophone countries of the West and Centre, but also to English speaking East and Central Africa, the Indian Ocean, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), the islands of Haiti and the Jamaica.
PIEX has the status of export wholesaler issued by the National Agency for the Safety of medicines and health products in France. PIEX ensures the management of its warehouse in accordance with the Good Wholesale Distribution Practices of medicines for human use and strives to guarantee optimum quality in the preparation of its orders to meet the requirements of its customers.
PIEX is thus regularly audited.
PIEX’s manufacturing partners are rigorously selected and GMP certified (Good Manufacturing Practices).
PIEX also has the Approved Economic Operator status :
- Facilities granted by the Customs about safety-security legislation;
- Assessment and control of customs and safety-security processes;
- Organization optimized by taking into account the customs and logistic functions;
- Improved readability and internal control tools;
- Relationship of trust with customs that become a partner;
- Facilitated exchanges with countries that are signatories to international agreements.
Here are some important moments in the evolution of PIEX, since its creation until today. These key moments played in important role in the foundation of PIEX’s journey.
A new team of managers has been heading PIEX since July 2017. Dynamism, service and expertise are at the heart of the new strategy: bringing PIEX to the forefront in the distribution of pharmaceuticals and health products, mainly in Africa.
Quality Assurance Director
Head of Import Export Administration Department
Head of Pharmaceutical Affairs
PIEX is part of a broader development project of an African Group for Africa, with local partners. Our leaders carry a real philosophy of work based on flexibility, partnership, adaptability, responsiveness, entrepreneurship, transparency and customer listening.
Our Financial Partners
IN A CONTEXT OF EVOLUTION OF THE COMPANY FOUNDED BY ROBERT JAMAIN, BERTRAND TALBOTIER AND HIS PARTNERS ASPIRE TO MAKE PIEX ONE OF THE FIRST ACTORS IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF MEDICINES AND MORE GLOBALLY THE SUPPLY OF CARE ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT.
A WORD FROM OUR SHAREHOLDERS
LED SINCE JULY 2017 BY LBO FRANCE, THE SHAREHOLDER ROUND-TABLE OF PIEX FEDERATES ACTORS WHO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF PIEX AND SHARES THE VALUES OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM, ESPECIALLY IN TERMS OF CSR.
« Our commitment alongside PIEX aims at supporting its project to increase the supply of quality medicines and health services in Africa, for the greatest number. We are committed to putting capital at the service of the human being in a high-performance, innovative and growth-potential enterprise on a continent where health needs are major issues. The quality of the processes and the concern for the ethics of PIEX contribute every day to the fight against the counterfeiting of medicines and the excessive cost of treatment of pathologies in Africa. »
The word from LBO France, majority shareholder
« From the spring of 2015, we have been thinking about investment strategies that are geared towards solving major issues, so as to entrench societal issues at the heart of the strategic and financial approach of companies and to build learning examples for all of our activities.
Among these areas, we have identified the vital needs of humanity : living conditions, education, health, agro-food, environmental preservation.
By buying together the company PIEX, LBO France and Bertrand Talbotier, leader of the pharmaceutical industry, have chosen an investment thesis firmly committed around CSR.
Founded in 1979 and so far a family business, the company PIEX distributes medicines in Africa and has a very good reputation. The ambition set by the new shareholders and the new management is to accelerate the development of the company by pursuing a more general mission, defined together: « Contribute to better access to health and quality medicines for a large population in Africa ».
This mission includes :
- The continuation of the rigorous distribution of medicines around structuring values : to contribute to the fight against counterfeiting and corruption, to limit the accumulation of margins, to bring the right quantities of quality products, at the right price, at the right time, to the right place, in an accessible manner. This with an environmental, social and strong governance concern in the management modes of the company.
- Thinking about new services and partnerships that can help to fulfill the mission even better and to interact with local markets even more.
- The implementation in collaboration with pharmaceutical manufacturers of donations of certain medicines to charities. A first concrete action was launched to help an association in charge of street children in Madagascar.
It is by fulfilling this societal mission at best that the company will create value for all stakeholders. Having this in view, Management and Shareholders work on lining strategy, organization and modes of administration, with the mission. »
Jean – Marie LEROY
Partner at LBO France, in charge of Small Cap
A strong banking pool
A remarkable financial situation
PIEX’ PARENT COMPANY, AFRICA TOP, HAS A HIGH CAPITAL AND A SUBSTANTIAL QUASI-EQUITY THAT ALLOWS THE COMPANY A GREAT FLEXIBILITY AND REAL VELOCITY.
MAINTAIN ORGANIC GROWTH REGARDLESS OF MARKET CONDITIONS.
FINANCE NEW DEVELOPMENTS BY STUDYING ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ORGANIC AND EXTERNAL GROWTH.